Certain advertisers can now leverage videos in their dynamic product ads, by uploading videos directly to your catalog. This allows you to diversify your catalog campaigns like Advantage+ Shopping, and engage users with personalized products in a new and exciting way.
We have seen promising results from advertisers using both videos and images in their catalog ads and are hence extending the capabilities of leveraging our video templates in catalog ads in Q1 of 2024.
You can use product level video with Smartly.io video templates, but the integration is limited at this early alpha stage, and requires some manual processes.
Use product level video with video templates
- Upload the Catalog feed as an Automation feed (preferably just a sample of selected products for speed if your catalog is over 10 000 products)
- Create a Video Template
- Add the automation feed you uploaded in step 1 as a data source for your Video Template
- Design the template with 1 product ID per video.
- Any Smartly extra fields being used in the template should also be mapped to custom labels, custom numbers, or other catalog fields
- If you also want a 9:16 variant for the video, add that in the template set and share with us that you want two different video variants per product.
- Send the template(s) to your CSM, who will ensure the videos are exported from video templates for selected products. We will create a supplementary feed that you can upload for the catalog in business manager.
- IMPORTANT: videos will be rendered only once per Product, and future changes to prices or Video Template edits will not be reflected in the Facebook videos.
- Once the supplementary feed is uploaded and videos are processed by Meta, the videos can be seen in the commerce manager under the “Media” field of each product alongside images.
- Create your campaign in Workspaces, selecting the catalog and product set you have added your videos to
- To create ads that use video+image in Workspaces, use the new ‘automation media type’ toggle. This feature will only be available to to you if you have been granted access to this alpha.
- Meta will decide per person should they show an image or video for the product.
- The supported ad formats for using video are single ad, carousel and collection.
Leverage your own product videos on their catalog
- Request access to the alpha from your CSM
- Map your video field from the catalog to ‘Video 0’ in the relevant catalog.
- If you also have a 9:16 version of the video, include that to ‘Video 1’ field in the catalog.
- Ads can be created to use video+image in workspaces with new ‘automation media type’ toggle
How do I sign up for the Alpha?
We are working with a restricted number of customers on PLV given the product's current limitations. If you would like to sign up for the Alpha, please let your CSM know so they can get approval from our product team, and work with you to design a valid test for the feature.
Smartly will be rolling out a more automated and scalable way of using video templates in catalogs in Q1 of 2024 so now is a good time to test the performance of video in dynamic ads during the alpha.
Current Limitations in using video templates
- The videos will be generated once per product, so they should not contain changing elements (like price).
- No liquid template in the catalog for fields used in the template. Liquid within the template is ok.
- Video will be generated for a single catalog per customer. CBC catalogs are not supported.
- There is a maximum of 40k videos.
- The feed with videos has to be uploaded manually in Business Manager.