Following Ads Manager deprecation, on 15th April 2024 Meta API will only accept Location Targeting Condition "People living in or recently in this location" (called "Everyone in this location" in legacy campaign creation).
The following ones will not be available anymore:
- People living in this location
- People recently in this location
- People traveling in this location
On Tuesday 2nd April, Smartly.io will automatically change all Workspaces ad sets blueprint into the correct setting “People living in or recently in this location”.
If you have campaigns not yet in Workspaces for which you want automatic update, please Import them in Workspace by 2nd April.
The correct value will be applied to all blueprints. There is a slight difference in the action needed by advertisers depending on their Workspaces publishing rules:
Case 1: Advertiser manually publishes changes in Workspaces:
Users will see Unpublished changes (field Location type) in Review page, so they need to publish everything once per WS to send correct Location type to Meta.
Case 2: Advertiser automatically publishes changes in Workspaces:
Feed refresh will automatically apply the new location targeting at first feed refresh after 1st April.
In both cases, you must manually publish or set a feed refresh within two weeks span, as from the 15th of April Ad Sets whose location type has not been set to "Anyone living in or recently in this location" will show an error in Meta and no campaign changes will process until the Ad Set location type has been fixed.
- There will be no automatic migration for ad sets that are still in legacy campaign creation - these will need to be edited ad set by ad set, or imported to Workspaces (recommended). If the location type for Legacy Campaign creation is not edited by April 15th, Meta will show an error and prevent campaign edits.
- Making the edit to Location Targeting Condition will reset the learning phase, but it is a necessary Meta breaking change that cannot be avoided.