Only company administrators can remove ad accounts from Smartly.io
When an ad account is removed from Smartly.io, all data related to Smartly.io is lost for that account. This includes:
- Historical data of the accounts
- Creative Library data
- Dynamic Image Templates
- Campaign Templates
- Feed & Catalog configurations
- Note: Smartly will stop processing feeds in your FB Catalogs, so please set up update schedule in Facebook Catalog Manager. If your ads use Image Templates with FB Catalogs, you need to select "Replace Schedule" at least first time to avoid showing outdated Image Templates, and instead convert your ads to use default Catalog image.
- GA integration
- Optimization Strategies
- Ad Study templates
- Reporting data
- Scheduled report templates
- User configuration
- Page and App configuration
For this reason, only company administrators are permitted to remove ad accounts from the tool.
⚠️ If you accidentally remove an ad account, do not reconnect the account yourself. Reconnecting the ad account will not restore the data.
Instead, if you have accidentally removed an ad account, contact Smartly.io Support immediately. We are able to restore the account up to 60 days after the removal.
Note that Mobile Measurement Partner events from the time that the account was removed until it was reconnected will be permanently lost even after the account is restored.
How can I remove my ad account from Smartly.io?
Before removing your ad account, read through the section above and make sure you understand the consequences of removing an ad account from Smartly.io.
If you still wish to remove an ad account from Smartly.io, go to Account Settings → Account and click Remove ad account. See the picture below.
How can I remove authorization for Smartly.io app in Facebook?
You will need to remove Smartly.io app authorization in Facebook if it had previously not given Smartly.io app full permissions to post to Facebook when connecting an Ad Account for the first time.
You can remove authorization of any Facebook app by:
- Logging into your Facebook user account,
- Going to Settings → Apps and
- Removing the app from the list that appears, as shown in the screenshot below
I removed my ad account from Smartly.io by accident. What can I do?
If you have accidentally removed an ad account, you should contact Smartly.io Support immediately. We are able to restore the account up to 60 days after the removal.
ℹ️ Note that Mobile Measurement Partner events from the time that the account was removed will be permanently lost even after the account is restored.
I want to cancel my Smartly.io subscription
We're sorry to see you go! For instructions on how to terminate your contract, see Canceling your Smartly.io subscription.