When a Facebook ad account is removed from Smartly.io, all data related to Smartly.io is lost for that ad account. This includes:
- Historical data of the account
- Creative Library data
- Dynamic Image Templates
- Campaign Templates
- Feed and catalog configurations
- Note: Smartly.io will stop processing feeds in your Facebook catalogs (latest when the user authorisation for the catalog expires; to ensure this, please remove the Smartly.io business integration from the catalog authoriser user Facebook profile), so please set up update schedule in Facebook Catalog Manager. If your ads use Image Templates with Facebook catalogs, you need to select Replace Schedule option at least the first time to avoid showing outdated Image Templates, and instead convert your ads to use default catalog image.
- Google Analytics integration
- Optimization strategies
- Ad study templates
- Reporting data
- Scheduled report templates
- User configuration
- Page and app configuration
For this reason, only company administrators are permitted to remove ad accounts from the tool.
⚠️ If you accidentally remove an ad account, do not reconnect the account yourself. Reconnecting the ad account will not restore the data.
Instead, if you have accidentally removed an ad account, contact Smartly.io Support immediately. We are able to restore the account up to 60 days after the removal.
Note that Mobile Measurement Partner events from the time that the account was removed until it was reconnected will be permanently lost even after the account is restored.
How can I remove my ad account from Smartly.io?
Before removing your ad account, read through the section above and make sure you understand the consequences of removing an ad account from Smartly.io.
If you still wish to proceed in removing the ad account from Smartly.io:
- In the top navigation bar, click Accounts.
- Find the account in the list of accounts and click ··· > Account Settings.
- In the bottom of Account Settings, click Remove ad account.
I want to cancel my Smartly.io subscription
We're sorry to see you go! For instructions on how to terminate your contract, see Canceling your Smartly.io subscription.