Billing settings overview
💡 This article guides you on how to add and edit Smartly.io billing information for your ad accounts. Note that Smartly.io does not buy the media for you: the billing settings only affect invoices about Smartly.io usage.
ℹ️ Note: Before you can edit an ad account's billing information, you need to connect the ad account to Smartly.io. See Connecting ad accounts for detailed instructions.
ℹ️ Note: You need to be a company admin in Smartly.io to edit billing settings.
Billing settings are located in Company settings. To access billing settings:
- Click Accounts on the top navigation bar
- If you have multiple company entities in Smartly.io, find the company you want to edit billing settings for
- Click the ⚙︎ gear icon on the top right corner of the company information box
- Click Company settings
- Click Billing Information
In the Billing Information tab, you can see all the ad accounts that belong to the selected company and edit the billing settings.
Create a new billing entity
ℹ️ Note: Only company admins can add and edit billing entities.
In the Billing Information view, click New to create a new billing entity for an ad account.
- Name: Name of the billing entity
- Invoicing Email: Email address where you want to receive invoices
- Invoice Reference (Optional): Provide if you want to use a reference number for your own accounting purposes
- Secondary Invoicing Emails: If you want to the invoices to be sent to more than one email address, provide other emails separated by commas in this field.
- For example: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Billing Information
- Company Name: Company name to be used in the invoice
- Address: Company's mailing address
- VAT Number / Tax ID / Business ID: company's tax identification number
This section is optional. Here you can provide contact information in case Smartly.io needs be in contact with you about invoicing.
Edit billing information
- Go to Accounts → Company settings → Billing Information
- Select the ad account whose billing information you want to edit
- Select an existing billing entity from the drop-down menu, or create a new billing entity by clicking New.
- See the instructions above on how to add a new billing entity.