This article guides you how to add and edit Smartly.io billing settings for your Facebook ad accounts. You need to be a company admin in Smartly.io to edit the billing settings.
ℹ️ Note: Smartly.io does not buy the media for you. These billing settings only affect the invoices for Smartly.io usage.
You can only assign Facebook ad accounts to billing entities. If you want to set up billing for another platform, contact your Smartly.io Customer Success Manager.
You set up the billing settings as follows:
- First, create one or more billing entities and define the billing information for each, such as the email addresses where invoices are sent, an invoice reference, and a VAT number, tax ID, or business ID.
- You can define more than one billing entity with the same billing information. For example, you could create two billing entities Smartly Performance and Smartly Creative that would both have the same billing information.
- Next, if you defined more than one billing entity, you can divide ad accounts onto separate invoices by assigning them to different billing entities. Every ad account is connected to a billing entity by default when it's connected to Smartly.io.
Creating and editing billing entities
You can create new billing entities and edit the billing information of existing ones.
Before you start:
- To define billing information for an ad account, the ad account must be connected to Smartly.io. See instructions on how to connect a Facebook ad account.
To define billing entities:
- In the top navigation bar, click Accounts.
- In the section of the company that you want to edit billing settings for, click the gear icon in the top right corner and select Company settings.
- On the left-hand sidebar, click Billing Information.
- On the Billing Information tab, you can see all the ad accounts that belong to the selected company and edit the billing settings.
- In the Billing Entities section, create or edit the billing entities:
- Either click New to create a new billing entity or Clone to copy an existing one. If you create a copy, define a new unique name for it in the next step.
- Click Edit to edit a billing entity.
- Define the billing information:
- Basic information:
- Name: Define a unique name for the billing entity. (This name only appears in the Smartly.io platform.)
- Primary Invoicing Email: Enter the primary email address where you want to receive invoices.
- Secondary Invoicing Emails: If you want to have invoices sent to more than one email address, enter the other email addresses separated by comma (for example, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Invoice Reference (optional): Provide an invoice reference if you want to use a reference number for your own accounting purposes.
- Company billing information:
- Company Name: Enter the company name that the invoice is addressed to.
- Address fields: Enter the company's billing address details.
- VAT Number / Tax ID / Business ID: Enter the company's tax identification number.
- Commercial contact:
- Contact Name, Contact Email, and Contact Phone (optional): Provide contact information in case Smartly.io needs to contact the company about invoicing.
- Basic information:
- Click Create or Save.
Separating ad accounts onto multiple invoices
If you have more than one billing entity, assign billing entities to the Facebook ad accounts:
- In the Accounts section, select a billing entity for each ad account.
- Your changes are saved right away.