This article guides you how to add and edit Smartly.io billing settings for your ad accounts.
ℹ️ Note: Smartly.io does not buy the media for you. These billing settings only affect the invoices for Smartly.io usage.
You define the billing settings as follows:
- First, you create one or more billing entities and define the billing information for each, such as the email addresses where invoices are sent, an invoice reference, and a VAT number, tax ID, or business ID.
- You can define more than one billing entity with the same billing information. For example, you could create two billing entities Smartly Performance and Smartly Creative that would both have the same billing information.
- Next, if you defined more than one billing entity, you can divide ad accounts onto separate invoices by assigning them to different billing entities. Every ad account is connected to a billing entity by default when it's connected to Smartly.io.
- You need to be a company admin in Smartly.io to edit the billing settings.
- In addition, currently company admins can only assign Facebook ad accounts to billing entities. With Snapchat and Pinterest ad accounts, please contact Smartly.io support.
- Before you can define billing information for an ad account, you need to connect the ad account to Smartly.io. For instructions, see how to connect a Facebook ad account, a Snapchat ad account and a Pinterest ad account.
Step 1: Define the billing entities
To define the billing entities:
- In the top navigation bar, click Accounts.
- In the section of the company that want to edit billing settings for, click the gear icon in the top right corner and select Company settings.
- On the left-hand sidebar, click Billing Information.
- On the Billing Information tab, you can see all the ad accounts that belong to the selected company and edit the billing settings.
- In the Billing Entities section, do one of the following:
- To create a new billing entity, either click New.
- To copy a billing entity, click Clone. You need to define a new unique name for the new billing entity (see next step).
- To edit the billing information of a billing entity, click Edit for it.
- Define the billing information:
- Basic information:
- Name: Define a unique name for the billing entity. (This name only appears in the Smartly.io platform.)
- Primary Invoicing Email: Enter the primary email address where you want to receive invoices.
- Secondary Invoicing Emails: If you want to have invoices sent to more than one email address, enter the other email addresses separated by comma (for example, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Invoice Reference (optional): Provide an invoice reference if you want to use a reference number for your own accounting purposes.
- Company billing information:
- Company Name: Enter the company name that the invoice is addressed to.
- Address fields: Enter the company's billing address details.
- VAT Number / Tax ID / Business ID: Enter the company's tax identification number.
- Commercial contact:
- Contact Name, Contact Email, and Contact Phone (optional): Provide contact information in case Smartly.io needs to contact the company about invoicing.
- Basic information:
- Click Create or Save.
Step 2: Separate ad accounts onto multiple invoices
If you have more than one billing entity, assign billing entities to the Facebook ad accounts:
- In the Accounts section, select a billing entity for each ad account.
- Your changes are saved right away.