The use of Video Remarketing audiences allows you to target people who have viewed a specific video on Facebook and to move them from awareness to deeper into the funnel.
Video Engagement Audiences
With video engagement audiences you can also include people who viewed the video in the past. In addition, this solution gives you a lot of flexibility with video watched stage. To be able to create a video remarketing engagement audience, the person who is authorizing the ad account in Smartly.io needs to be an admin of the Facebook page connected to the ad account.
To create a video remarketing audience go to library → Custom audiences → Create custom audience → Add new video remarketing engagement audience
Add new video remarketing audience:
1) Give your audience a name and choose the page that the audience is related to
2) Choose the video from which you want to create the custom audience. You can search the post by message or post id or click Show more to get more videos to in the view.
Please note it may take some time for new videos to load after clicking Show more
3) Choose the video view type, there are two options
- Target people who completed the video (saw the whole video)
- Target people who viewed the video (saw at least 3 seconds of the video)
4) Choose the retention time for your audience, if the field is left empty the retention time defaults to 14 days. Please note that the audience is dynamic so it will only include the viewers from the selected timeframe. If you want to maximize the audience size and keep it available for the long time you should choose a long retention time.
5) Choose if you want to target also the past viewers of the video. Please note that when including past viewers, it might take some time for Facebook to collect the audience. If the audience hasn't started to increase in 2 hours, there might be something wrong with the audience. Save the audience
Video remarketing audiences can also be created for Instagram video ad views.
If you have created a carousel ad with a video, it is shown as in the screenshot above
The new Engagement Custom Audience will appear in the Custom Audience list under Engagement audiences in Smartly.io when Facebook has created it and can then be used for retargeting. You can also create lookalike audiences from the video engagement audience