Facebook provides a tool for checking the health of your product catalogs, including the number of products, do your app and Pixel events work etc. Information in this tool is specific for each product catalog, and you can find the link to it inside every DPA campaign in Smartly.io:
You can see product catalog name and number of products that have been uploaded to this catalog.
Event sources give you an overview of which app events and website Pixels are sending correct events, and how big share of the events are being matched to this product catalog. An example below shows information you see if an event is missing or if all products are not matched to a catalog.
Here you see product feeds that are used to update products in this catalog. When doing DPA campaigns via Smartly.io, this part is fully automated.
Relevant information is to see when the feed has last been successfully updated and if there are any error messages. You see this same information in your campaign in Smartly.io:
Here you can see product sets created from this product catalog. Product sets are created based on the feed filtering and splitting selections of your campaign in Smartly.io.
This view provides more detailed information of how your catalog, mobile app, and Pixels are working together. Before looking at the data, make sure to select the event source and platform from the top.
Now you will see a bar chart with two colors:
- Blue bar shows the number of triggered tracking events that have been matched to a product in this product catalog
- Orange bar shows the number of tracking events that have NOT been matched to any product in this product catalog
How to interpret product events information?
App or Pixel is missing the ViewContent/AddToCart/Purchase event
- We recommend using these default DPA events for dynamic retargeting.
- If you use custom event names and have applied content_type and content_ids parameters to those events, you should see those events matching your product catalog in the product events view
Only X% of product IDs are in this catalog/part of product events graph is orange
- Your mobile app or website contains products that are not included in this product catalog. This results as orange bars in the product events graph shown above.
- Reason 1: your product feed does not contain all products
- Reason 2: your DPA campaign created in Smartly.io is filtered to exclude some products from that campaign
- Reason 3: product ID parameter is configured wrong in feed settings in Smartly.io
- Reason 4: your mobile app or website Pixel is configured to send wrong product IDs for some products, meaning they cannot be matched to your feed
- Reason 4: There are problems updating your product feed from your servers to Smartly.io, or updating feed from Smartly.io to Facebook. Please contact Smartly.io support.