NOTE: You can bulk share Custom and Lookalike Audiences between ad accounts and/or media agencies as long as both the sharer and recipient are tied to a Business Manager. If the account is not part of a business manager, you need to connect it to that first both in Business manager and in Smartly.io settings.
Establishing a "business relationship"
If you want to share Customer File Custom Audiences (that are based on email lists etc.) between different Facebook Business accounts, the businesses in question need to establish a business relationship first. Read Facebook's instructions on how to establish a business relationship.
If these two businesses have already established a relationship before, you can proceed to the next step.
How to share audiences across Ad Accounts
Between accounts that belong to the same Facebook Business account, you can share your custom and lookalike audiences from one account to another in the Library section of Smartly.io, and this article shows you how it's done. This feature is still behind feature gate, please contact Smartly.io Support to get whitelisted.
1) Go to the Library tab and select Custom Audiences from the left-side menu.
2a) To share one audience, click on the Share audience button on the right side of that audience.
2b) To share multiple audiences, use checkboxes on the left side to select multiple audiences, and then click on the Share audiences button that appears at the top of the list.
3) Use search to filter only relevant accounts to the list for sharing.
4) Select all accounts that you want to share these audiences to.
5) Click on the Share Custom Audiences button.
6) An updated list of audiences appears, notifying if the sharing was successful or not. In case of failure, hover your mouse over the tooltip to see what went wrong. If needed, please contact our support for help.
Benefits of sharing audiences are:
- when creating new accounts, you can still keep using the same Facebook pixels on your website;
- you only have to upload seed audiences to one account; and
- you can be sure that all accounts are using exactly the same audiences.
- you can only share an audience from the account it was created in i.e. no re-sharing / "forwarding" audiences
- you can only create lookalike audiences on the account for which the seed audience has originally been created. If you try to create lookalikes from a shared audience on another account, you will get an error message.