Live Photo Posts and Ads Overview
Live Photos are an iOS feature where the camera captures a short video alongside each photo. The video will only be played if you 3D touch the photo. Facebook has support for posting Live Photos, which means you can upload a photo in the Facebook app and if you're on iOS 9 or later you can upload the Live Photo. Other users of iOS devices can 3D touch or tap and hold the photo to play a video.
There is currently no API support for this, so you have to use the Facebook app to create the post. You also need to have access to the page you want to post to OUTSIDE of Business Manager, so you need to be added to it directly as an Editor, Advertiser or Admin. And the created post will always be an organic post in the first place which can then be promoted in Smartly.io like any other existing post.
- You need to prepare your live photo. A great app for this is intoLive. It allows you to combine any video of up to 30 seconds with a custom cover image into a Live Photo.
- Open your Facebook app on your iPhone (not the Page Manager app), click the icon for more on the bottom right and select the page you would like to post on from the list. If it doesn't appear here, you might not have direct permissions to the page but instead, have access through Business Manager.
- On the page, create a post as the page, select photo, upload your Live Photo and make sure the Live Photo feature is enabled in the bottom right corner of the photo. You should get a short preview of your video there. If that works you can publish your post. The Live Photo might take a few minutes processing to work.
- Once the post is published, you can go to Smartly.io select is as an existing post an create your campaign with it. Keep in mind that you want to limit placement to Mobile Newsfeed on any device with iOS 9.0 or later.
- You can get an example preview placed in your news feed by following this link: https://fb.me/1FSHnWVVuuiEoDU