There's two ways to advertise with Instagram accounts in Smartly.io:
- Add Instagram accounts to your Business Manager, and then link them to your Facebook ad account
- Connect an Instagram account directly to your Facebook Page
ℹ️ Note: Facebook recommends connecting an Instagram account to run ads on Instagram, as it may help you get better results.
Connect Instagram accounts to your ad account via Business Manager
- Go to Facebook Business Manager
- Click on Business Manager (left top corner)
- Go to Settings > Business Settings > Accounts > Instagram Accounts
Here you can see the connected ad account for this Instagram Account:
Select the correct Instagram account, or claim a new account if you don't see the Instagram account in the list.
Assign the Instagram account to your ad accounts
If you can't see the right ad account in the list make sure the owner of that account is a Business Manager account and not a personal profile (you can check the owner in the Ad Accounts section of Business Manager)
Once you have connected your Instagram account in Business Manager, you’ll have the ability to run Instagram campaigns through Smartly.io.
Grant access to your Agency (optional)
You can grant access to your agency or Facebook Marketing Partner, or have them do the whole process on your behalf.
Connect an Instagram account to your Facebook Page
Each Facebook Page can have one Instagram account connected to it via its settings. These Instagram accounts are usable in campaigns in Smartly.io when that page is selected for the creative.
- Go to the Pages section in your Business Manager settings
- Find the Facebook Page and click View Page from the top right
- Click Settings from the top right
- Go to the Instagram section from the left menu
- Click Connect Account and complete the process
Once connected, the Instagram account will be available in Smartly.io in approximately 30 minutes, after the next automatic data synchronization from Facebook.
Your Instagram accounts in Smartly.io
Once you assign Instagram accounts to your ad account, you will see them in Smartly.io in approximately 30 minutes (needs one automatic sync from Facebook). To see Instagram accounts that have been connected to your ad account:
- Go to Account Settings > Pages & Applications
- Check the list under Instagram Accounts
ℹ️ Note: The Facebook ID in the list will be different from what you see in Business Manager in Business Settings > Accounts > Instagram Accounts. In Business Manager, you'll see the Instagram Business Account ID. In Smartly.io, we display the Instagram User ID.