There are two ways to advertise with Instagram accounts in Smartly:
- Add Instagram accounts to your Business Suite, and then link them to your Facebook ad account
- Link an Instagram account directly to your Facebook Page
ℹ️ Note: Facebook recommends connecting an Instagram account to run ads on Instagram, as it may help you get better results.
Connect Instagram accounts to your ad account in Meta Business Suite
In Meta Business Suite, in the Accounts section, click Instagram accounts. Click an account. The connected Facebook page(s) are on the Connected assets tab. To add a page, click Connect assets.
If you can't see the right ad account in the list make sure the owner of that account is a Business Suite account and not a personal profile (you can check the owner in the Ad Accounts section of Business Suite).
Now you can run Instagram campaigns through Smartly.
Grant access to your Agency (optional)
You can grant access to your agency or Facebook Marketing Partner, or have them do the whole process on your behalf.
Connect an Instagram account to your Facebook Page
Each Facebook Page can have one Instagram account connected to it via its settings. These Instagram accounts are usable in campaigns in Smartly when that page is selected for the creative.
- Go to the Pages section in your Business Suite settings
- Find the Facebook Page and click View Page from the top right
- Click Settings from the top right
- Go to the Instagram section from the left menu
- Click Connect Account and complete the process
Once connected, the Instagram account will be available in Smartly in approximately 30 minutes, after the next automatic data synchronization from Facebook.
ℹ Note: this is not the same as linking of Facebook pages to Instagram, which allows sharing of posts from Instagram to Facebook (described here in Instagram documentation).
Enable post boosting on Instagram
- Connect your Instagram account to a corresponding Facebook page as instructed above in the section Connect an Instagram account to your Facebook Page.
- Check that the Facebook Page is associated with your Instagram account: go to Ad Accounts > Pages & Applications > Facebook Pages.
- If the Facebook page is not listed, add the page.
Your Instagram accounts in Smartly
Once you assign Instagram accounts to your ad account, you will see them in Smartly in approximately 30 minutes (needs one automatic sync from Facebook). To see Instagram accounts that have been connected to your ad account:
- Go to Account Settings > Pages & Applications
- Check the list under Instagram Accounts
ℹ️ Note: The Facebook ID in the list will be different from what you see in Business Manager in Business Settings > Accounts > Instagram Accounts. In Business Manager, you'll see the Instagram Business Account ID. In Smartly, we display the Instagram User ID.