Accelerated delivery is used to achieve the maximized delivery with specified cost and budget.
Turning on Accelerated delivery removes all pacing adjustments from your bid as your ad enters the auction. In other words, your ad will be entered into all eligible auctions at its full maximum bid. This will likely result in delivery that is not smooth throughout the day, and it is possible that the budget of the campaign or ad set will be exhausted before the end of the day.
Do use when:
- Advertising flash sales or limited-time promotions
- You want to align ads with live events such as sporting events, election debates etc.
- You want to maximize delivery during key times of the year such as holidays, back-to-school season etc.
Do not use when:
- The ad is not spending its full daily budget, due to low bid or small audience. In these cases, Accelerated Delivery won't help because the ad is already entering all auctions with the full bid.
- You haven't defined a bid cap – like when using the bid strategy Lowest Cost (used to be called Automatic Bidding)
- To be clear, you can still use Accelerated Delivery with Lowest Cost with Bid Cap
How to turn on Accelerated Delivery?
When creating a new campaign, apply this feature under Campaign tab, then find the Enable accelerated delivery toggle under Advanced Options. This will enable the feature for all ad sets within the campaign – or if you are using Campaign Budget Optimization (CBO), then it's enabled on the campaign.
The feature is available for all campaign types except Reach and Frequency.
After launching the campaign, Accelerated Delivery can be adjusted on the ad set level when using ad set budgets, or campaign level when using CBO. Simply edit the ad set or campaign, and under Advanced Options you can toggle the option Enable accelerated delivery.
Accelerated Delivery can also be enabled or disabled in bulk on multiple ad sets by selecting them, clicking on the "More" button and selecting enable/disable accelerated delivery
How to automate Accelerated Delivery for multiple ad sets through Optimization Strategies?
You can turn on accelerated delivery automatically on for multiple campaigns through optimization triggers. This works for campaigns that have ad sets with Lowest Cost with Bid Cap-bidding. Check the GIF below.
- Create campaign level optimization strategy
- Create a trigger for ad set level that turns on Accelerated delivery when certain ad set conditions are met (for example, if Today's spent vs / daily spend is less than 50%). You can decide how often you check the conditions but once per hour should be more than enough.
- Enable strategy for campaigns
In the next time that the optimization strategy runs, it will enable accelerated delivery on for all the ad sets in those selected campaigns that have spent less than 50% of their daily budget.
Triggers don't currently support enabling Accelerated Delivery in CBO campaigns.