Smartly for Pinterest enables you to analyze campaigns across accounts in the Reporting view.
With the analysis tools in Smartly, you can
- analyze Pinterest campaigns across multiple ad accounts and campaign objectives
- drill down into results on any level (campaign, ad group, or ad)
- Note: ad groups are called Ad Sets in Smartly Reporting
- visualize your performance using graphs
- easily collaborate with your team by sharing reporting views
- use our Pinterest reporting presets to get started quickly
- export reports manually or via our reporting API
All of your Pinterest campaigns are synchronized to Smartly, so you'll be able to analyze any campaign that you created in the Pinterest Ads Manager.
Reporting presets for Pinterest campaigns
Our reporting presets can help you to get started with Pinterest reporting quickly. To start using a reporting preset:
- On the top navigation bar, click Reporting.
- Click the ＋ icon in the upper right corner to start adding a new reporting view.
- Select the Pinterest platform.
- Select a reporting preset from the list.
Once you have created the reporting view, you can modify it to fit your needs by adding columns and dimensions.
Currently, we offer the following presets:
- Pinterest Campaigns
- Pinterest Campaigns by week
- Disapproved Pin Promotions
- Pinterest Campaign Setup
- Pinterest Ad Set Setup
- Promoted Pin Setup
How often do Pinterest stats synchronize?
We synchronize all statistics for Pinterest according to the following schedule:
- Last day on hourly basis
- Last 30 days on daily basis
Pinterest reporting FAQ
Data in Smartly does not match the data in Pinterest Ads Manager?
If you are seeing different reporting figures in Smartly and Pinterest Ads Manager, there are several potential explanations:
- Differences in rounding spend figures. When comparing spend data between Smartly and Pinterest Ads Manager, you may see some minor differences (a few cents). This can happen because of differences in rounding spend figures in Pinterest Ads Manager and the API. Pinterest Ads Manager rounds the spend data to two decimals places while the API returns spend data with six decimal places, so small differences can emerge when summing the data.
- Schedule for syncing Pinterest data to Smartly. Statistics data is synced from Pinterest to Smartly once per hour. The data for very recent events might not be visible in Smartly yet.
- Reporting views have different time frames or filters. In both Smartly and Pinterest Ads Manager, it's possible to examine different time frames, and to apply filters to the data. Check that the reporting time frame is the same, and that the data view does not have filters that impact the results.
If the above causes do not explain the discrepancy you're seeing, contact our support chat.
Error: You have exceeded your rate limit. Try again later.
When exporting Pinterest reports, the export might fail with the error message
You have exceeded your rate limit. Try again later. This can happen if the export includes breakdowns that we need to fetch directly from Pinterest, such as Country. The error is caused by Pinterest limiting the amount of data we can ask for in a single request.
As a workaround, try splitting the export into shorter timeframes, and combine the exports in a spreadsheet, for example.
- Certain combinations of Unique Dimensions and Columns are not supported, e.g. Ad Placement and Reach.