The Smartly.io platform controls access to areas of the UI with user roles. For example, designers typically don’t need to use campaign management features.
User roles are found in: Users -> users -> scroll down and click on each user you want to update their roles.
The following user roles are available:
- Full Access
- Limited view roles:
- Feeds Manager
If a user has access to more than one company, they can have different roles in each company. For example, a user can have Full Access role in one company and limited view roles in another company.
The user's roles in a company apply to all the ad accounts within that company. You can, however, restrict which ad accounts in the company the user can access to despite of their role.
Admin users can assign roles to other user within the same company.
Limitations to user roles:
- For the Analyst and Designer roles, access restrictions are implemented on the user interface level. It is not bulletproofed against a dedicated intruder with the intention, means and skills for hacking.
- For Admin and Full Access roles, robust access security is in place. Company admin rights are always fully protected against all non-admin users.
- If a user's access to company resources needs to be completely limited, create a separate ad account for that purpose.
Administrator and Full Access roles
Users with the Admin role have access to all functionality across the Smartly.io platform.
Users with the Full Access role cannot manage the company's settings and users nor view the list of the company's ad accounts. Otherwise they have access to all tools and views in Smartly.io.
ℹ️ Note: An Admin user cannot limit their own access rights. For example, they cannot set themselves limited view roles or remove admin rights from themselves.
Roles with limited view access
Users with one or more limited view roles have access only to role-specific functionality.
- Access: the Smartly.io reporting and analytics tools.
- No access: campaign creation or optimization, business reporting, company ad account settings, or inviting new users.
The Analyst role can be combined with other limited view access roles.
- Access to the Smartly.io designer tools and to the creative assets, catalogs, and Image and Video Templates in the company account.
- No access: campaign configuration, business reporting, company ad account settings, or inviting new users.
The Designer role can be combined with other limited view access roles.
- Access to the Smartly.io feed tools and to company-level feeds.
- No access: campaign configuration, business reporting, company ad account settings, media library and inviting new users.
The Feeds Manager role can be combined with other limited view access roles.
- Facebook catalogs views are not restricted under this role. Catalog views are open to everyone with access to the feeds on Meta.
- The Feeds Manager role does not provide access to the ad account specific feeds.