In the Smartly.io platform, user access to different functionalities in the UI is controlled with user roles. Each user can be assigned specific user roles per company depending on what functionality they need to access. For example, designers typically don’t need to use campaign management features, and you may want to limit their access to the features relevant to them.
The following user roles are available:
- Full Access
- Limited view roles:
- Feeds Manager (beta)
Each company’s Admin users can assign roles to other users have within that company. If a user has access to more than one company, they can have different roles in each company. For example, a user can have Full Access in one company and limited view roles in another company.
The user’s roles in a certain company apply to all the ad accounts within that company. You can, however, restrict which ad accounts in the company they can access.
A user with limited view access can have all three of the roles or only some of them (for example, only the Designer and Analyst roles). A user with Full Access or Admin access cannot have any other roles.
Limitations to user roles:
- Access enforcement for Analyst and Designer roles happens currently on the user interface level, and is not bulletproofed against a dedicated intruder with the intention, means and skills for hacking.
- This does not apply to Admin and Full Access roles. Company admin rights are always fully protected against all non-admin users.
- If the user's access to company resources needs to be completely limited, we recommend creating a separate ad account for that purpose.
Roles with administrator or full access
Users with the Admin role have access to all functionality across Smartly.io.
Users with the Full Access role cannot manage the company's settings and users nor view the list of the company's ad accounts, but otherwise they have access to all tools and views in Smartly.io.
ℹ️ Note: An Admin user cannot limit their own access rights. For example, they cannot set themselves limited view roles or remove admin rights from themselves.
Roles with limited view access
Users with one or more limited view roles have access to specific functionality in Smartly.io, as defined by each role.
The Analyst role provides access to the Smartly.io reporting and analytics tools. An Analyst does not have access to campaign creation or optimization, business reporting, company ad account settings, or inviting new users.
The Analyst role can be combined with other limited view access roles.
The Designer role provides access to the Smartly.io designer tools and to the creative assets, catalogs, and Image and Video Templates in the company account. A Designer does not have access to campaign configuration, business reporting, company ad account settings, or inviting new users.
The Designer role can be combined with other limited view access roles.
The Feeds Manager role provides access to the Smartly.io feed tools and to company-level feeds. A Feeds Manager does not have access to campaign configuration, business reporting, company ad account settings, and inviting new users.
The Feeds Manager role can be combined with other limited view access roles.
- Facebook catalogs views are not restricted under this role, and therefore are open to everyone who may have access to them on Facebook.
- The Feeds Manager role is currently available for customers using the new company level feeds beta functionality.
- The Feeds Manager role does not provide access to the ad account specific feeds.
Setting a user role
Both Admins and Full Access users can set a user role when creating a new user.
Changing the role of an existing user requires Admin access. To modify a user's role in a company:
- In the top navigation bar, click Accounts.
- In the company where you wish to modify a user's role, click the gear icon in the top right corner and select Company settings.
- Go to the Users tab in the left-hand sidebar.
- Under Users in [company name], find the user and click their name.
- Select a new user role.
- Click Save.