Facebook has released a collection of tactical advise called "Power 5" to help advertisers get the most out of the algorithms, and ultimately improve the performance of their campaigns.
The elements of Power 5 are:
- Campaign Budget Optimization (CBO)
- Dynamic Ads
- Simplified account structure
- Auto advanced matching
- Automatic placements
Smartly.io is built to let advertisers leverage these capabilities while following Facebook best practices. We offer several additional benefits to get even more out of these strategies:
- Amplify the effect of Campaign Budget Optimization. Budget Pools work with Campaign Budget Optimization (CBO) to optimize budgets between multiple campaigns.
- Enhance creatives for Dynamic Ads. Advanced catalog management & creative templates transform images into beautifully effective creatives for Dynamic Ads at scale.
- Get better results with a simpler structure. Reach out to your Smartly Account Manager to review your account structure and build a strong foundation for your advertising efforts. Bid multipliers can be used to streamline audience segmentations without splitting audiences into different ad sets while utilizing automatic placements.
Why is Power 5 recommended?
Since introducing Dynamic Ads in 2015, Facebook has done a great job at improving their targeting and optimization algorithms to put the right ads in front of the right users. For example, with automatic bidding Facebook removed the need to adjust your bids – just decide a budget and Facebook will deliver you the best results possible. Because of these improvements, there are fewer opportunities for advertisers to gain an edge by manual performance marketing optimization.
Power 5 is a set of automated ad tactics to help you make the most out of the increasing level of automation and Facebook's algorithms. You can read more in the Smartly.io blog series How to make Facebook algorithms work for you? Part 1 and Part 2.