Instagram posts are now available in the new version of Automated Post Boosting (done via Automated Ads)! This allows you to use your winning Instagram content in ads to drive further results such as engagement and web traffic. More detailed set up instructions can be found in the main Knowledge Base article. This is now possible as Facebook has finally added support for fetching Instagram posts through the API.
What is supported?
- You can boost all posts made to the Instagram feed as long as they are eligible for promotion (for example, posts with tagged products might not be available).
- To start boosting Instagram content, you’ll need to set up a post feed with the correct Instagram page(s). It will then be possible to use these posts as ads.
- Posts can be used as ads on both Facebook and Instagram.
Are there any limitations I should be aware of?
- Instagram Stories are not available for boosting at this time: API access is limited to Instagram feed posts only.
- The general limitations of Automated Post boosting apply. For example, Optimizing for conversions or link clicks is only possible with posts that have a URL to redirect to.
- (Currently unsupported by the API) Using post insights is not supported yet for filtering Instagram posts (number of likes, shares, comments, etc.). You’ll have to filter the posts based e.g. on message or description text. We’ll add this as an option once it’s added to the API capabilities.