Image Templates are a Smartly.io solution aimed at automating the creative process. With Image Templates, you can create personalized ads at scale by combining graphics layers with dynamic information from a product feed or catalog.
Image Templates are fully customizable and available for nearly all creative formats. They allow you to flexibly design creatives that include information from your product feed, such as the price, image asset, or rating of a product.
Here are some examples of what you can do with Image Templates:
Why use Image Templates
Image Templates help you automate the creative process. Benefits from using them include:
- Visually appealing creative expression at scale
- Speed & ease – create thousands of customized creatives at scale
- Variate with size and concepts – Build all size and concept variations inside one editor with a single Image Template, with all the design variations you need
- Better performance – Image Templates are proven to perform better than raw product images
- Brand personalization – replicate your brand look and feel
- Always up-to-date – ads using Image Templates are automatically updated with the latest pricing/offers from your feed
- No more ad fatigue – easily create variations of templates and refresh your creatives
Where to use Image Templates
You can use Image Templates as follows:
- For Facebook dynamic ads and Automated Ads as well as for static ads that are not based on a feed
- For Pinterest shopping ads and Automated Ads as well as static ads that are not based on a feed
- For Snapchat dynamic ads and Automated Ads
You can also export image assets from Image Templates, and use them directly in campaigns in Smartly.io or save and upload for use to other platforms.
How to use Image Templates
You can find Image Templates in the Asset Library. In the library view, you can open Image Templates for editing in the Creative Editor, and create new templates or clone existing ones as needed.
When creating Image Templates, template presets give you a running start: select one and customize it in the Creative Editor to match your brand. In addition, you can open Image Templates as Video Templates to convert them to create video creatives.
On the Preview page, you can use the collaboration tools available to review and comment on the image creatives that your template will create. You can also share the creatives for public review to external stakeholders who don’t have access to Smartly.io.
To get started with Image Templates, check out the Creative Foundational learning plan in Smartly.io Academy.