For advertisers that are looking to streamline their app advertising efforts—while still maintaining high performance and creative variation—Automated App Ads (AAA) is an ideal solution. AAA offers several benefits:
- Simplified campaign setup with built-in Dynamic Creative Optimization and automatic placements
- A machine learning backed optimization model which balances performance between Cost Per Install and Cost Per Purchase
- Built to scale; as budget increases, the optimization and delivery model maintain high performance
Automated App Ads is for advertisers who are looking to setup effortless, broad-targeted campaigns that can hold their own performance-wise without the constant tweaking.
Creating an Automated App Ad campaign
To start creating an AAA campaign:
- Go to Campaigns
- Click Create > New campaign > Regular Campaign
- In the Campaign section, select App installs as the Facebook Objective
- Under Smart Promotion Type, select Automated App Ads
In audience settings, you can only choose either Country or Languages as the targeting. Further targetings are currently not allowed by Facebook. Please note that you can only create 1 ad set in each AAA campaign.
In the creative settings, you can upload up to 50 unique images or videos, up to 5 primary text options and up to 5 headlines. The ad type is similar to a Dynamic Creative Optimization ad: Facebook will dynamically test and deliver the best performing combination of assets.
Ways to automate creative assets with AAA campaigns
Automated App Ads are not available in Smartly.io Automated Ads currently, but you can still leverage Smartly.io's Creative Solutions. You can use our Video Templates and Image Templates to produce beautifully effective ads at scale, and using the templates, you can either export the assets or add them directly to your asset library in Smartly.io. When creating an AAA campaign, you can use those assets from your Smartly.io library.
- The ad preview in Smartly.io is currently unavailable
- Automated App Ads only support 1 ad set with 1 ad
- AAA only support App Store, Country, and Language targeting
- Ads can have up to 50 unique images or videos, up to 5 primary text options and up to 5 headlines
For more information, see Facebook's documentation on Automated App Ads.