ℹ️ Note: Polling stickers are only available in regular campaigns and placements FB Mobile feed & IG stories.
Polling stickers let you ask potential customers questions using the two-question poll previously only available for organic Instagram Stories so your audience can interact with your ad in a fun and engaging way.
How does it work?
In the Creative Tab, when using link and video ads, you will find a checkbox for adding a Polling sticker to an Instagram Story under the media selector.
With the Sticker specs you can change the size & position of the poll on the image.
What objectives are supported?
All objectives that work with Instagram Stories are supported – for example conversions and link clicks.
What are the limitations?
- The poll feature only works with placements Facebook Mobile Feed and Instagram Stories
- The position of the sticker only affects the position in Instagram Stories as the poll in FB will be shown at the bottom of the ad.
- The preview for Facebook mobile doesn't show the poll but IG story yes.
- You can only use a single image or video.
- Only supports polls with a question and two answer options – other stickers and question types are not supported for now.
- You can’t retarget people based on poll answers. This goes for both if they answer in general, or choose a specific answer.
- Reporting on poll answers is currently not available in Smartly.io yet. The results can be reviewed in Ads Manager for each ad under View Charts.
- Click on the ad name that contains the poll sticker you'd like to see ad metrics for
- Click View Charts
- See available metrics in this Facebook resource