When you're setting up any type of Facebook dynamic ads or encounter issues, follow the instructions on this article to verify that your catalogs and campaigns have been set up correctly.
[If there are exceptions for different dynamic ads subtypes or special setup required, primarily link to the main articles on those topics.]
How dynamic ads work
In dynamic ads, Facebook automatically delivers the best-suited product or offering to each user, based on the information they have available on each user. For example, dynamic ads can deliver relevant product suggestions to users who browsed your online store inventory.
To achieve this, you need to have a correctly configured Meta Pixel on your website.
- What Pixel values are required for dynamic ads to work properly
- Basics, making sure that steps either in Catalog setup or Using a catalog created outside Smartly.io have been followed
- Product sets and how they differ from product groups in dynamic product ads
Signals and catalog health
- How to check catalog events
- Where to find the events in the UI
- What the different fields mean
- What are the implications if event match rate is low, if there are signals only for few catalog products
- How to check the Pixel setup
- Warnings and errors in feed processing: what they mean and how to solve common issues
Changes in the catalog
- What happens when the catalog feed is updated, how product review affects ad previews and delivery
- What happens when Image Templates are updated, why old Image Template versions can be sometimes shown
Campaign settings and delivery
- Dynamic audience targeting rules, populating dynamic audiences
- Facebook pausing the ads: what might be happening
- Delivery on Instagram and limitations (image size requirements, Instagram Story format not officially supported)