This article provides information on how Apple's upcoming iOS 14 privacy changes affect app tracking in Snapchat campaigns and reporting in Smartly.io.
Enable SKAdNetwork tracking in Smartly.io
To enable SKAdNetwork tracking for your app in a Snapchat campaign, do the following:
- Configure and verify the app in Snapchat Business Manager.
- Select the app in the Application section of campaign creation in Smartly.io.
See detailed instructions on how to use app install and deeplink attachments in Snapchat campaigns and creatives.
To enable SKAdNetwork tracking in a Snapchat campaign, enable SKAdNetwork in the Audience section of campaign creation. The tracked app is fetched from the campaign-level setup.
Currently you can only track 10 SKAdNetwork ad sets at the same time. Tracking availability is displayed on the right-hand column under the audience size estimate.
There are 3 options for SKAdNetwork tracking availability:
- "There is at least one available App Campaign ID"
- "An App Campaign ID is available but was recently attached to another campaign, some conversions might get attributed to the new Campaign for the next 48 hours"
- "There is no available App Campaign ID"
In campaign creation, Smartly.io can only validate SKAdNetwork tracking availability for one ad set. If you are creating multiple ad sets at once, Smartly.io only gets the final confirmation after the review phase when the ad sets are being published to Snapchat.
Changes in Smartly.io reporting
Tracking from campaigns for Android and ATT opted-in users continues to work as before.
See more information on the SKAdNetwork reporting.