Dynamic Creative allows you to set up and deliver customized variations of the same ad. You can customize the elements of a single ad within a single ad set based on placements, audience segments, creative combinations, or the languages people in your audiences use.
The general benefit of Dynamic Creative solutions is that you do not necessarily need to create multiple ad sets. Instead, you can customize the ad creative and gather all the learnings inside one ad set, which can potentially increase performance.
Types of Dynamic Creative
There are several different types of Dynamic Creative supported in Smartly.io. Each type has somewhat different capabilities and limitations, which are discussed in further detail in each solution-specific article.
Placement Asset Customization (PAC)
Placement Asset Customization allows you to customize the image or video asset for each placement within one ad. For example, you can use a different creative size in Instagram Stories and in the News Feed. This gives you the opportunity to show the ideal image size for each placement and to make your advertising less intrusive by adopting a more native feel for each platform.
For more information, see the Placement Asset Customization article.
Segment Asset Customization (SAC)
Segment Asset Customization allows you to split the audience into smaller segments inside an ad set based on geo-locations, and to customize the image or video asset shown to each segment.
In addition to having all the same capabilities as Placement Asset Customization, SAC allows you to do further customization based on the geo-location of the user seeing the ad.
For more information, see the Segment Asset Customization article.
Dynamic Creative Optimization (DCO)
Dynamic Creative Optimization aims to find the best ad creative combination per impression by letting you set up multiple ad images, titles, descriptions, and other asset variations. DCO then tests all possible asset variations. Based on learnings from the tests, DCO focuses on delivering the best-performing combination.
For more information, see the Dynamic Creative article.
Dynamic Language Optimization (DLO)
Dynamic Language Optimization lets you specify versions of your creative texts in multiple languages, and will automatically deliver the correct version to the end user according to their language settings in the Facebook app and website.
For more information on DLO, see Dynamic Creative Optimization Ads with Language Targeting.
Reporting on Dynamic Creatives
To report on Dynamic Creative assets, use Asset breakdowns to evaluate the performance of individual assets such as images and titles. These breakdowns are only available in the Campaigns reporting view.
- Dynamic Creative: Ad Formats (id only)
- Dynamic Creative: Call-to-actions
- Dynamic Creative: Descriptions
- Dynamic Creative: Images (name only)
- Dynamic Creative: Link URLs (actual URL only; no display URL)
- Dynamic Creative: Messages
- Dynamic Creative: Titles
- Dynamic Creative: Videos (name only)
Notes on reporting
- Facebook currently limits reporting on Dynamic Creative to the ad set level. Using the Dynamic Creative dimensions on the ad level will show No data. You might also experience this when trying to filter data on the ad level, for example.
- For reporting on video and image assets, we only currently provide the name of the asset. The image or video thumbnails are not visible.
- Reporting with asset groups is not currently supported by Facebook.