You can quickly reuse your existing Snapchat campaigns, ad sets, and ads by cloning them. The clone is created as a draft, which you can edit as needed and publish to take it into use.
When you clone a campaign or ad set, the copy also contains all its child items. For example, if you clone an ad set, all the original ad set's ads are also included in the new ad set.
You can clone multiple campaigns, ad sets, or ads at the same time. In addition, you can clone ad sets or ads from several campaigns to several other campaigns. For example, you could pick the five best-performing ad sets or ads from your latest campaigns, and clone all of them to your upcoming campaigns.
- You can only clone campaigns, ad sets, and ads within one ad account.
- You can clone all types of ads, even though Smartly.io doesn't support creating and editing of AR Lenses and Filters. When cloning AR Lenses or Filters, you cannot modify the media of the ad.
Clone campaigns, ad sets, and ads
- On the top navigation bar, click Campaigns.
- On the Campaigns page, select the Snapchat platform tab or any Snapchat report.
- Select the campaigns, ad sets or ads you want to clone.
- Click Clone on the toolbar and select the option for what you want to clone (campaigns, ad sets, or ads).
- You can also partially clone campaigns or ad sets by only selecting specific items from them. For example, you could only clone some of the ads in an ad set.
- You can select ad sets and ads from several different campaigns for cloning, and when you proceed to defining the settings for them, you can define which ad set or ad goes to which campaign or ad set.
- If you're cloning ad sets or ads:
- In the dialog that opens, select the target campaign or ad set where to clone the ad sets or ads.
- Click Clone n ad sets/ads.
- Next, define the settings for the new campaigns, ad sets, or ads. See information on the settings and on Snapchat ad formats.
- If you're cloning ad sets or ads, you can now change which campaigns or ad sets the new ad sets or ads will be created to.
- Review the changes and publish them to Snapchat. See how to review and publish a Snapchat campaign.