As of September 11th, 2021, Pinterest campaigns for Awareness, Traffic, Conversion, and Catalog objective campaigns are now campaign-level budgeted instead of ad-group budgeted.
What does this mean for Pinterest campaigns?
- Budgets have moved from the ad group level to the campaign level, allocating budget between ad groups in the most efficient way
- Scheduling has also moved to the campaign level
- The max amount of ad groups allowed in a campaign changed from 1,000 to 70
- The max amount of ads allowed in an ad group changed to 100
Targeting, bids, and ads will remain at the ad group level.
What happens to existing Pinterest campaigns?
- Pinterest has automatically migrated all pre-existing Awareness, Conversion and Catalog objective campaigns from ad group to campaign budgets. Traffic objective campaigns have already been campaign-level budgeted since March 1st, 2021
- Campaign budget caps have become the campaign budget
- If your campaign already had a lifetime or daily budget cap set, that will be your campaign budget moving forward.
- If your campaign had both a lifetime AND daily budget cap, Pinterest will respect the lifetime budget and provide a best effort to maintain the daily budget.
- Active ad group budgets will be combined into a single campaign budget
- “Pinterest Set” budget has been applied to your Awareness, Conversion, and Catalog campaigns that were not yet set to campaign budget. This budget combines the budgets from all active ad groups, taking into account both daily and lifetime budget as well as previous spend.
- If you had been using different end dates across ad groups (and no lifetime budget cap), Pinterest now chooses the earliest ad group end date for the campaign end date
- Campaigns that will exceed the new limits (max 100 ads per ad group / max 70 ad groups / campaign) will be automatically paused by Pinterest. Such campaigns/ad groups will remain as non-CBO entities, but cannot be unpaused. Advertisers that want to restart these Campaigns are suggested to recreate them as CBO entities
What actions are required from you?
- Note: If you have strict budgets or were using different schedules per ad groups in Pinterest campaigns, we recommend that these get launched as separate campaigns to maintain budget allocations and schedules.
What are the changes in Smartly.io for Pinterest advertising?
- We now support campaign-level budgets in Pivots / Reporting
- We implemented campaign-level budgets for Awareness, Conversion, and Catalog objectives (Traffic objective campaign-level budgets have been in effect since March 1st, 2021)
- All new Automated Ads and Digital Circular campaigns will be automatically split at 70 ad groups to be compatible with the new limits