Automated Ads is a beta feature in Smartly.io. You need to be granted access to be able to make use of the beta features. Contact your Customer Success Manager or Sales representative to enable Automated Ads for Snap to your account.
When you have automated the ad creation in a Snapchat campaign based on feed data, you can make changes to the automated ads in a few different ways.
You also have a processing log available where you can check the change history of your automated ads.
ℹ Note: Smartly.io automation overrides all updates that are made outside of the automation. For example, if you manually pause an ad on the Smartly.io Campaigns page or you edit the ad in Snapchat Ads Manager, automation overrides this update the next time when the feed is refreshed in Smartly.io or a user updates the automation settings in the ad “template”.
Make changes to automated ads
Make changes to Snapchat automated ads in the following ways:
- Update the data in the data source connected to the feed.
- Based on the new, changed, or removed feed items, Smartly.io automatically updates and publishes the corresponding ads, and creates new ads or archives old ones as needed.
- See more below on what happens when data in the feed is changed.
- Change the automation settings of the ad template. You can, for example, change the feed references in the input fields, or change the feed filtering and grouping settings.
- On the Campaigns page, when you edit any of the ads that were created by automation, the form opens the ad template for editing. Any changes that you make to the ad template affect all ads that automation creates from it.
- See how to edit ads and see information on the automation settings.
- Remember to publish for the changes to take effect. See how to review and publish a Snapchat campaign.
What happens when data changes in the feed?
When the data in the feed changes, the changes take effect in the ads when the feed is next refreshed in Smartly.io. This happens either based on the update schedule defined for the automation feed or when a user manually refreshes it.
When the feed is refreshed in Smartly.io, Smartly.io automatically updates the ads as follows:
- If a new row is added in the feed, a new ad is created.
- If a row is modified, the existing ad is archived and a new ad is created with the updated information.
- If a row is removed, the corresponding ad is deleted.
View change history of automated ads
You can view all the published changes made to Snapchat automated ads in the processing log. When you're using automation, it's important that you can check what kind of changes were made by users in the ad template and what changes were made by automation. The processing history also shows if there were publishing errors.
The processing history doesn't include changes made directly to the ads in Snapchat Ads Manager.
To view the processing log:
- On the top navigation bar, click Campaigns.
- On the Campaigns page, select the Snapchat platform tab or any Snapchat report.
- On the campaign list, hover over the ad name and click the icon that appears. The processing log opens, showing a list of update events. All the automated ads created from the same ad template share the same log.
- The Outcome column shows how many ads were created, edited, or deleted. The column also shows any errors in creating ads due to feed problems.
- You can filter events on the list: use the Show options above the list.
- To see more details about an event, hover over the event and click the icon that appears in the Outcome column. A review dialog opens, showing you all the individual ads. Each ad has information on the processing event that created, updated, or deleted the ad. When there were errors in publishing the ad, you can see which ads had errors and the reasons for the errors.