You can log in to Smartly.io either using a username and a password, or using single sign-on (SSO). This depending on what login options your company uses. Note that when logging in for the first time, you will also need to set up your user account details.
Log in to Smartly.io for the first time
When you receive an email invitation to Smartly.io and you don't have a user account yet, you need to set up a user account when you log into Smartly.io for the first time.
To start the first-time user account setup:
- Click the signup link on the invitation email.
- On the signup page, enter your name and click Continue.
- Next, depending on what login options your company uses, sign up using either SSO or, an email address and password.
- If both login options are available, we recommend using SSO.
Continue with one of the step listed below.
Sign up using SSO:
- Click Sign up with SSO.
- Follow the instructions to sign in with your SSO provider. After signing in, you are redirected back to Smartly.io.
- Click Accept invite.
Sign up using email address and password:
- Enter the email address you want to use for your user account.
- You can use any email address that only you have access to.
- Do not use a shared email address, such as a team's email address. We strongly recommend against using shared user accounts: using them makes it extremely difficult to track who does what in the system.
- Define a password. Make sure it meets our password policy requirements.
- Click Sign up.
- Fill out the brief starting survey and click Submit. Your user account is now created and the Smartly.io app home page will open.
As the next steps, we recommend setting up your user account settings on the profile page:
- If you signed up using an email address and password, enable multi-factor authentication - (We strongly recommend this to keep your account more secure).
- If you signed up using SSO, we recommend enabling multi-factor authentication in your SSO IDP provider's systems.
Log in with username and password
If your company has Smartly.io authentication in use, you can log in with your username and password.
Before you start, make sure you have completed the first-time account setup.
To log in with a username and password:
- Go to app.smartly.io.
- Enter your username and password.
- The username is the email address you have defined in your user account settings.
- Click Sign in.
- If you have enabled multi-factor authentication, depending on the multi-factor option enabled you will have to complete one extra verification step. Once this is completed, proceed to the Smartly.io app by clicking Login.
Log in with SSO
If your company has SSO login in use (a company admin needs to set it up in Smartly.io app) you can log in using the credentials provided by your SSO identity provider, such as: Google, Microsoft, Okta or any other Identity Provider (IdP).
Before you start:
- Make sure you have completed the first-time user account setup.
- Make sure that SSO login is enabled in your Smartly.io user account settings.
- To check whether SSO login is enabled, go to My Profile and under Sign in using Single Sign-On, check that your user account is linked to your company's SSO configuration.
- If SSO login is not linked for your user account, click on Link new SSO identity and follow the instructions on your SSO IDP provider. This links your user account to your company's SSO configuration in Smartly.io.
Once the setup is completed, you can log in with SSO by:
- Go to sso.smartly.io/[company name].
- See the full url in My Profile page.
- Follow the instructions to sign in provided by your SSO provider. After signing in, you will be redirected back to Smartly.io app home page.