Smartly.io TikTok is now available in Open Beta! To get access, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
Note the following Beta limitations regarding Smartly.io for TikTok.
- Campaign creation only for Reach, Traffic, App installs, Conversion, Video Views, and Product Sales objectives
- You can only clone and edit existing campaigns, ad groups, and ads in TikTok Ads Manager.
- Automated ads are not yet available for TikTok
- Only TikTok placement supported, no Pangle or TopBuzz placements
- Smartly.io only supports the following TikTok ad types:
- Regular single video in-feed ads
- Spark Ads (boosted posts)
- Video Shopping Ads & Catalog Listing Ads (Shopping Ads)
- Smartly doesn't support TikTok's Collection Ads and Dynamic Showcase Ads. These formats will likely be deprecated by the platform in early 2023 in favor of Shopping Ads.
- TikTok only supports the E-commerce catalog vertical for shopping ads.
- TikTok video templates are supported in campaign creation, but managing them on the catalog side is not supported yet.
- Smartly Image Templates are not supported for TikTok catalogs. Along with this, Smartly.io extra fields are not supported either.
- Product sets cannot be managed in Smartly.io yet, but you can use product sets created in TikTok in Smartly.io campaign creation.
- Processing logs provide limited details for now.
- The catalog list doesn't show the status and number of products yet.
- TikTok only supports maximum 20 feeds per catalog.
- Due to TikTok limitations, your feed file size should be less than 50 GB. The number of products in the feed can be up to 20 million.
- TikTok's API only supports the incremental ("update your data feed") method for uploading products via a feed file: it adds and updates products in the catalogs, but doesn't remove from the catalog those products that are not part of the feed.
- No Bid Optimizer, Ad Rotation, or Stop Loss
- No unique metrics like Country breakdowns
- No direct third-party integrations (data can be ingested via S2S)
- Limited actions in the Campaigns view: ad group budget actions available, bid action coming later
- Note: ad groups are called Ad Sets in Smartly.io Reporting.
- No testing functionalities available (split test/conversion lift)