This page summarizes TikTok functionalities that are not yet supported in the Smartly.io platform or if there is some useful context around specific TikTok features.
Campaigns & ad sets
- Reach & Frequency buying type. Instead, you can use the "Reach" campaign objective from the auction buying campaigns.
- Pangle and Global App Bundle placements.
- Setting up TikTok split tests for campaigns. Instead, you can set up campaigns for brand lift tests inside our platform, and those campaigns will be configured into brand lift campaigns by your TikTok representative.
- App retargeting is not available yet under the "App Promotion" campaign objective.
- The dayparting scheduling type is not yet supported.
Good to know
- TikTok doesn't honor daylight saving time in its reporting and campaign management views. For this reason, there might be an hour difference between what you see in the ad set start and end dates between TikTok and the Smartly.io platform. Rest assured, if you set up a campaign in Smartly.io for TikTok, it'll start and end delivery at the precise time, considering the current daylight saving time settings for the location.
- Search ads placement.
- Premium TikTok ad formats (TopView, Brand Takeover, or Hashtag Challenge...)
- Interactive add-ons.
- Smartly.io only supports e-commerce product catalogs for the Product Sales campaign objective.
- Smartly.io Video Templates can be used manually or as part of an ad automation setup, but we don't yet support catalog-based video templates for the Product Sales campaign objective. Meaning that while you can set up video templates for Product Sales, Smartly.io will only be able to generate 50 different versions of ads inside one ad set (per TikTok's limitations).
- Product sets cannot be managed in Smartly.io.
Good to know
- TikTok only supports a maximum of 20 product feeds per catalog.
- TikTok advises that your product catalog size should be less than 50 GB, and the number of products in the feed to be less than 20 million products.
- In Smartly.io reporting, you can only make status, tagging, or budget adjustments with bulk editing.
- When using reporting dimensions or columns marked with the TikTok logo (meaning that we ask for this data attribute from the platform in real time), your reporting is limited to:
- 30 days with the Day dimension included.
- 365 days with any marked columns or dimensions.
- A smaller subset of available metrics when using the Country dimension. You can find the exact list in TikTok documentation: Reporting -> Guides -> Report types -> Basic reports -> Supported dimensions -> Supported metrics for a dimension in basic reports, under "Supported metrics for country_code".
In addition, when using certain metrics based on unique users (like Reach, Frequency, or Unique Conversions), we might be unable to display those metrics with all available Smartly.io dimensions. In case this happens, Smartly.io will display — or 0. You can always use all of the metrics with the default Campaign, Ad Set, and Ad dimensions.
Good to know
- TikTok ad groups are called "Ad Sets" in Smartly.io to align with the standard naming of other platforms.